hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Crash the St. Pattys Parade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
REDRIDER1

PostSubject: Crash the St. Pattys Parade   Wed 2 Mar - 20:29

Every year I take my bike to Old Sacramento and ride in the St. Pattys Parade( like I belong in it ) . I wave to the crowd like a Prom Queen and they really enjoy a good laugh. Meet at I and 2nd street about 12:30 PM.
And DONT forget about the ride away from the bride ride on the same night.

The 15th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade will be held – rain or shine – on Saturday, March 12, 2011. Always a free event, the parade steps off promptly at 1:00 p.m. from 2nd & L Streets and proceeds throughout the historic district.

Over 50 units, with approximately 1,000 marchers, will be featured. Irish dancers in elaborate Celtic costumes, bagpipers, school bands, military regiments, police and fire representatives, costumed marchers and a variety of cultural organizations will bring the luck of the Irish to the event. The parade draws people from all over Northern California bringing together thousands in the 28-acre historic state park. Last year more than 20,000 people turned out to enjoy the event.

β€œThe parade is a family-centered event that has become a celebrated much anticipated tradition,” said Melissa Martinez, Executive Director of the Old Sacramento Business Association.

All Old Sacramento streets will be closed to traffic from noon to 3:00 p.m., as several thousand people are expected to line the streets and Gold-rush era wooden boardwalks to enjoy the festivities. A reviewing stand will be located at the intersection of Front & K Streets.

Presented by the Old Sacramento Business Association, the event is sponsored by the City of Sacramento, Old Sacramento Historic District Office, The Shamrock Club, Hornblower Cruises & Events and Entercom Radio.

To request information about St. Patrick's Day Parade sponsorships or parade entries, contact Mallory & Associates at info@mallorypr.com. The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 1, 2011.

2011 PARADE ROUTE
Parade forms on 2nd Street between Neasham Circle and O Street (near Crocker Art Museum)
Parade heads North on 2nd Street to J Street
Left (West) on J Street to Front Street
Left (South) on Front Street
Past the reviewing stand on Front & K Streets (in front of the Delta King)
Left (East) on L Street
Right (South) on 2nd Street back to the staging and parking area to disband

Presented by: Old Sacramento Business Association

Last edited by REDRIDER1 on Mon 7 Mar - 18:29; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Aol.com

PostSubject: Crash the St. Pattys Parade   Wed 2 Mar - 20:43

Sounds good to me! That night is Greg's bachelor party ride too! So where do you park and what time do you get there to beat the madness of the general public? WHO ELSE IS IN??? I'm down. You say when and where you want to meet up and i'll go ride with you. I won't do the prom queen wave though!
Back to top Go down
BigWaveDave

PostSubject: Re: Crash the St. Pattys Parade   Thu 3 Mar - 2:13

I am gonna try to make it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crash the St. Pattys Parade   Fri 11 Mar - 0:04

hmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hooligansbc-cc.forumandco.com

PostSubject: Crash the St. Pattys Parade   Fri 11 Mar - 7:35

Actually I don't think i'm going to make it. My saturday is swamped right now. The owner of the Porsche is picking that thing up since I finished it last night so he'll be here at some point saturday.
Back to top Go down
foryourride

PostSubject: Re: Crash the St. Pattys Parade   Sun 13 Mar - 18:51

so did anyone do it this year. if so post any pics and problem you can across . i was in SF for the weekend (what a party). next year i might see about getting a group together. maybe two groups and stagger them.

1) custom (anything not stock or appears to be and people want it).

2) stock (like it came of the shelf and people know it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
REDRIDER1

PostSubject: Crash St Pattys Parade   Sun 13 Mar - 19:11

Nobody else showed up. Everyone else said they were busy or what not. I was the only one to crash and I will do so again next year. I will post pics later. The S.F. Parade sounds good. How was it ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Aol.com
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crash the St. Pattys Parade   Sun 13 Mar - 21:21

sorry dude i had to watch my son he was sick thats why i was late later. i wanted to go bet it was funny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hooligansbc-cc.forumandco.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash the St. Pattys Parade   Today at 14:49

Back to top Go down

Crash the St. Pattys Parade
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1