hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My first boardtracker build - pics now included

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Mon 14 Feb - 19:28

About a week ago I went to visit a local bike shop here in Albuquerque to start looking for a donner bike for my next build.
Very soon I will be buying one of greg's new frames and will use most of the parts from it. While I was at the shop the owner let it slip that he had a Felt HotWheels 68 brand new in a box some where. I told him that I wish I had bought one of those when I had the chance. He said the one bought was for him and it's not for sale. He told me he needed to sale some bikes soon and that was when I made a offer for the 68. I never thought in a millon years he would say ok. I could not believe my luck and when I opened the box it was #016. Anyway back to the topic I was not planning to build this Tracker but after taking this bike home it began to take over me and my mind was not my own Twisted Evil . I am making a few changes to it nothing that can't be put back to org. The parts that I ordred for it should be here soon and I will post it here first and I know Karfer67 should like it because he likes those trackers Greg told me. Wink

Al

Last edited by Burque Kid on Wed 16 Feb - 12:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My first boardtracker build   Mon 14 Feb - 20:44

O ya? I love boardtrackers too man! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Tue 15 Feb - 9:17

ADAM SLICK AND TURBO ALL LIKE BOARDTRACKER BUT ADAM LIKES CHOPPERS NOW Twisted Evil Suspect
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Tue 15 Feb - 22:01

i like them all i really like boardtrackers because when done right they are way fun to ride. back when i did the higgins everyone ran apes and i had this stupid idea to run shortened MTB riser bars but flip them. thats how it came to be the higgins was one of if not the first in the modern era to run a setup like that. would i say it is played now? mmmmmmm not yet like i said personally i think just flipping the bars does not make a tracker it has to have a lower stem typically cut down bars, and minimal parts like chainguard see ya bye bye same goes for the fenders but shorties are kool. the felt 68 is an interesting bike for sure take your time setting up the shifter they are a pain. oh and personally i know you said you did not want to do anything that could not be reversed but personally i would drop and cut the fork a bit. great find they are rare and yours is low number to boot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hooligansbc-cc.forumandco.com
stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Wed 16 Feb - 2:18

Cool!
Boartrackers rule!
Is it a 26"?
When can we see some pictures?
Keep rollin'
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Wed 16 Feb - 12:51

I finally recieved some of the parts that I wanted and I made some slight changes to the bike.

I understand what you're saying Adam - flipping handlebars does not make a boardtraker. But after getting this bike, it seemed that was the only way to go, seeing how this bike looked originally. I agree it would look more boardtraker-ish if I dropped the fork significantly. As it is I dropped it about a half inch and flipped the stem down. But like all the rest of my bikes, I need to be able to ride it comfortably for long periods of time. So modifying the cockpit with a Thomson layback seatpost helped bring down the seat height and brought the center of gravity back. By keeping it close to stock, I can get a full pedal stroke, which allows me to use the speed of the bike to it's full potential.

I saved the original tires and changed them out for a black one in back and white wall in front. Dirty hot rod look. lol Took the license plate off and replaced it with homemade number plates. (I had to do something with the tabs that were put on the frame to hold the license plate.) I also eliminated the fender. All of which brought focus back to the frame.

I have heard horror stories about shifting on this bike. Mine shifts like a dream. I guess I am lucky.

Here are the pics. I hope you like them. It sure is a lot of fun to ride and gets a lot of attention!

Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Wed 16 Feb - 15:04

i got a funny story about the felt 68 if any of you want to hear it but it will make me sound way self centered. but it is also way true
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Thu 17 Feb - 4:47

Awsome bike man.
Really like it.
It would be better if the seat was lowered, but I totally understand it confort-wise.
Keep rollin'
BTW, 24 inch wheels?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Thu 17 Feb - 7:14

karfer67 wrote:
i got a funny story about the felt 68 if any of you want to hear it but it will make me sound way self centered. but it is also way true
LETS HEAR IT ADAM. THAT IS A GOOD LOOKING BIKE. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Thu 17 Feb - 23:25

dont mean to hi jack the thread but ok greg if you insist. when the 68 came out was right after the build off when i did pay it back. instantly i thought the plate that is under the frame looked a hell of a lot like the one i did for mine. i just laughed about it at the time but when terry talked to jim felt (owner of felt bikes and partial designer). Anyways terry actually busted him on it showing him a pic of pay it back and he said quote "i plead the fifth." and that went for the drop bar setup as well oh well like i say sorta famous but not really
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Fri 18 Feb - 6:32

THATS COOL NOW POST A PIC. OF PAY IT BACK AND THE STORY OF THE BIKE YOU GAVE AWAY. I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT BIKE AFTER I SAW IT I WENT HOME AND SLAMED THE SEAT ON MY SCHWINN. Twisted Evil THAT WAS BACK WHEN ADAM THOUGHT HE WAS TO COOL TO TALK TO ME. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Fri 18 Feb - 9:58

karfer67 wrote:
dont mean to hi jack the thread but ok greg if you insist. when the 68 came out was right after the build off when i did pay it back. instantly i thought the plate that is under the frame looked a hell of a lot like the one i did for mine. i just laughed about it at the time but when terry talked to jim felt (owner of felt bikes and partial designer). Anyways terry actually busted him on it showing him a pic of pay it back and he said quote "i plead the fifth." and that went for the drop bar setup as well oh well like i say sorta famous but not really

They should use more ideas of the forums. The lay person off the steets buying a cruiser who normaly couldn't or wouldn't build one could then have something that looks more custom then stock.

Some of the shit they make my four year old could design.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Fri 18 Feb - 10:38

bounce bounce bounce Greg I'm jonesin for a frame call me and lets get started rabbit rabbit Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first boardtracker build - pics now included   Today at 14:48

Back to top Go down

My first boardtracker build - pics now included
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1