hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Wed 2 Feb - 10:17

Let me start with where the addiction began - well actually, my bike addiction started as a kid, but we'll begin with when my custom bike building addicition started.

As a teen growing up in the mid-70's, I always dreamed of building a chopper from scratch. Not just a stingray with extended forks, which we all did back in the day, but actually a complete frame. In 2004 I started searching the internet and noticed they were now making all the parts to make that dream come true. I googled chopper frames and No Name's site was the first to come up. I had found my first frame and started my first bike build.

First build - RIP Rod

Second build - Starfire - another No Name frame (Built this one for my wife. She helped design it.)

Third build - Orange Muscle Bike - liked my wife's bike so much I had to have one for myself!!!

The wife and I ride together with our 3 year old in tow

Fourth Build - Eco Treker - this one came from inspiriation from the show "Long Way Down" with Ewan McGregor where he and his buddy ride their BMW all terrain motorcycles across Africa. I had this frame laying around (had stripped it for parts for my wife's bike) and put it together with some other spare parts I had. I use it for a commuter to work.

Fifth Build - Lucky 13 - my first attempt to build a rat rod, complete with my homemade suicide shifter.

Sixth Build - 48 Dually Trike - lucky 13 transformed into a trike. Saw a trike on ratrodbikes.com and it inspired me.

Seventh Build - Burque Rat - lucky 13/48 Dually Trike transformed again. (can't leave well enough alone!)

Eighth Build - Black Fluid - Firebikes Fluid frame done in a traditional black, white and red rat rod theme and pinstripes.

Ninth Build - Blue Crush - last build to date. My wife gave me the inspiration on this particular build. The frame came from Choppers U.S., and it's a rather beefy frame. She said it just looked like it should be an off-road chopper with beefy tires, etc. So I ran with it, complete with suspension fork and all. I also found a little gerri can flask and made my own flask holder for it. Modified a motorcycle fender rack too, to carry bags. This bike is also a good commuter for work.

Obviously, there's no hope for me. I am addicted for life!
Back to top Go down
zoso
Pedal Grinder

PostSubject: Re: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Wed 2 Feb - 12:54

All of them are cool, but I remember seeing your trike on Rat Rods and falling in love with it. I really dig the handlebars on the firebike too.

Looks like you need a Roth Custom Bike for your next one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mayisbikemonth.com

PostSubject: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Wed 2 Feb - 14:10

WOW You have a lot of really kickass bikes! And yes I absolutely LOVE your trike also. I had to buy one similar to it from a friend. Mine is under "cycletruck this" thread. Since you swapped the pullback handlebars on your trike would you want to sell them? Now excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor! Shocked
Back to top Go down
whitewall
Pedal Grinder

PostSubject: Re: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Wed 2 Feb - 14:19

yes.......yes u r welcome to the asylum wit the rest of us junkies. On the real though nice work What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Wed 2 Feb - 14:56

Hey Slick, you droped your jaw, I'm still looking for mine after seeing your cars in the other gallery. I'm thinking those bars are going to look good on the new frame greg is building me, at least thats my plan. If anything changes I'll let you know. I told Greg I wished I had a group of guys to ride with here like you Grinders. Maybe I'll make a trek out there soon to ride with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Wed 2 Feb - 20:37

YOU SHOULD COME OUT IN JULY FOR CYCLEFEST AND THE RIDE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Wed 2 Feb - 22:15

I agree, come out for cyclefest. The Choppaderos usually do a ride the evening before all around sacramento. It is a hell of a time! The park that the cyclefest show is in is really great because it has everything, a playground for kids, bathrooms in the park, food within the park or within walking distance, trees for shade, and lots of great bikes. You are more than welcome to hang with us all weekend if you want?
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Fri 4 Feb - 23:52

that copper bike is insane i love that bike sooooo much. we have talked over on rrb about your trike, and the off road chopper. never saw the black one with all the pinstriping who laid down the lines nice job. i am a fellow pin head and doing one of those would be a real challenge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hooligansbc-cc.forumandco.com

PostSubject: Re: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Thu 10 Feb - 6:49

karfer67 wrote:
that copper bike is insane i love that bike sooooo much. we have talked over on rrb about your trike, and the off road chopper. never saw the black one with all the pinstriping who laid down the lines nice job. i am a fellow pin head and doing one of those would be a real challenge.

Thanks for the conments. The copper is my fav. and it's comfy to ride. The striping was done by a older guy I found by word of mouth. He from cali but now lives here. His trade name is Daddy O last Name Fisher. He's been doing it since the sixties and ran with Roth and the like back in the day. I could talk to him for hours and he showed me a ton of old mags of his work, very cool.
I just gave him the frame and said do your thang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict   Today at 14:51

Back to top Go down

My name is Al, and I'm a Bike Addict
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1